What devices are recommended? What devices are ok?
The device being brought to school for learning needs to have the following features:
- Internet capability through wifi.
- A battery life that will last for the school day - must be brought to school fully charged each day. Devices won't be used constantly ALL day, and so shouldn't need to be charged at school. We don't have the capacity for many students to be charging devices at the same time.
- A minimum screen size of 11 inches. An iPod or cellphone screen is too small for students to complete most classroom based tasks and these devices are therefore unsuitable for BYOD.
- Have a keyboard - built in or within a case/cover.
- Portability, light and 'robust'.
- In most instances students will need a device that is less than 4 years old to ensure that its working speed is fast enough.
- We expect students to use the Chrome Browser and work from their Ridgway Google account for almost all of their learning tasks while at school.