Kiaora welcome to Ridgway School
Ridgway is a state co-educational full primary school, located in southern Brooklyn.
The school has a pleasant setting on expansive grounds and is ideally placed to make the most of all the advantages our capital city has to offer. The majority of our 220 students come from the suburbs of Mornington, Vogeltown, Brooklyn and Kingston.
2020 Term Dates:
For Sushi and Pita Pit Lunches - Order lunch online by clicking on these links...
- view our Pandemic Plan (updated 13 March 2020)
- Monday 23 March - children have taken home books in preparation for Learning at Home from tomorrow.
- Tuesday 24 March - all children must stay at home except for those whose parents are essential service workers.
- Thursday 26 March - school is closed for everyone.
- Parents and children should email their kaitiaki teacher if they need help with Learning at Home.
- 2020 Stationery Lists and purchase options
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Community News and Events
- Contacts (Music, childcare, lunch...)
Excellence Awards 2020
Eden, Aastha, Xander, Jack, Elsa D, Rose C-N, Soca, Colin, Mia M-T, Julie T, Arlo M, Willow, Caitlin, Hafza, Jackson, Romy, Mihali, Maddison, Mairi, Quinn, Chirs, Olive W, Blake, Casper, Georgia C, Timon, Kiarn O, Freja, Thomas De, Nara, Tilly, Marlo, James R, Nina A, Geronimo, Zara, Paige, Gabrielle, Victor, Matteo and Nina OW
Whāia te iti kahurangi ki te tūohu koe me he maunga teitei
Seek the treasure you value most dearly: if you bow your head, let it be to a lofty mountain.
This whakatauki is about aiming high for what is truly valuable, but it's real message is to be persistent and not let obstacles stop you from reaching your goal.
This Whakatauki relates to our Resilience value.
At Ridgway we encourage children to be persistent and to maintain enthusiasm and humour in all circumstances.