facebooktwitter

DATE: Wednesday 14 February 2018

TIME: 6.40 pm

VENUE: Staffroom

1. Admin

ATTENDEES: Kathryn Smith (Principal), Richard Ngatai (Chair), Julie Hanify, Barbara Dean, and Kamaea Tukaki (7pm)

APOLOGIES: Sarah Wood

  • New declaration of interests - 2018 - none


2. Confirmation of Minutes

Resolved, That the 29 November 2017 Board of Trustees Meeting Minutes accepted and approved. (Moved, R Ngatai; Seconded, K Smith; Carried, Unanimously).


3. Strategic Discussions


10YP - submitted to MoE last Monday. Lots of work needs to be done, lots of money involved. Now the wait for MoE to review over the next month.


Charter Review - tabled examples of schools that are on 4 or 5 year ERO reviews. Looking to simplify the document for ease of use and understanding. Look at priorities, no need to speed lots of time on word-smithing.

Overarching priorities that are important - board expectations:

Engagement with parents...

Culture diversity involvement - whānau group, Mandarin, French…

Wellbeing target...

2017 Charter tabled, reviewed. Google doc created with priorities (link).


ACTION: Engage the community - meeting with parents - Thursday 22 March 7pm and summary email to parent community about the boards priorities.


ACTION: A Thornburrow to add BOT meeting minutes onto school website.


Analysis of Variance

Tabled

Discussion: actions taken have created positive outcomes. Systems are there to help accelerated progress. This year’s maths results will be interesting due to a change in resources. Reasons for variances; staff changes, student wellbeing, absenteeism.


Expressions of Interest - two expressions

Less than 10% of interest therefore the board can appoint a new member. Appoint one and co-opt the other. Chair to meet them and discuss the options.


Resolved, that the board will appoint a candidate. (Moved, K Tukaki; Seconded, B Dean; Carried, Unanimously).


BOT Meetings will be week 2 and 8 of each term, Thursdays 7pm staffroom.


NZSTA updates - nothing important

Staff - TA need more hours to support the wellbeing of specific students when needed. Relook at the budget for the next meeting to discuss options.



5. General business


  • Bikes and Schools - Boards to encourage other local school boards to give a little. Enspire the community to keep funding the track and equipment costs.

  • After School child care contract up for renewal this term. Ask Pridelands and Enjoy to present to the board why they should be the child care provider at the school.



ACTION: Invite Pridelands and Enjoy to come to the next board meeting to present why they should be the child care provider at the school.


ACTION: Ask the community their preference of after school child care provider.



6. Correspondence

Next meeting: Wednesday 7pm - 21 March 2018


Supper duty – B Dean (meeting after that is K Tukaki)


Meeting closed: 9pm



Signed as a correct record: _____ ___________________________

Chairperson / / 2018



Summary of action items from meeting 14 February 2018

Portfolio

Item

Who

When

Governance

Engage the community - meeting with parents and summary email to parent community about the boards priorities.

All

Thursday

22 March 7pm

Governance

Add BOT meeting minutes onto school website

A Thornburrow

Once finalised

Governance

Invite Pridelands and Enjoy to come to the next board meeting to present why they should be the child care provider at the school.

K Smith

Wed 21 March

Governance

Ask the community their preference of after school child care provider.

K Smith

Next meeting


Summary of action items from meeting 26 October 2017

Portfolio

Item

Who

When

Governance

investigate the Bereavement policy to clarify what is justified

K Smith

ongoing

Governance

Review lockdown procedures

A Thornburrow

2018 - school docs


Summary of action items COMPLETED last meeting

Portfolio

Item

Who

When

Governance

BOT to discuss French-English Bilingual Unit

All

Approved to explore

Governance

report on the National Standards be presented at the next board meeting.

K Smith

Done

Governance

B Dean and S Wood to draft long term plan and circulate to BOT members.

S Wood and B Dean

done

Property

K Smith to engage surveyor.

K Smith

Done

Property

B Dean to liaise with Monastra property manager regarding 10 Year Plan.

B Dean

Done - Submitted

Governance

B Dean and S Wood to prepare for and set up strategy meeting for Long Term Plan with other BOT members.

S Wood and B Dean

Done


MoST Content Management V3.0.6852